Sunday, January 16, 2011

Yikes....

It's been a little bit since I updated, hasn't it......Ah well.
Between learning new knitting skills and an influx of yarn, my Gaelic studies have been a bit stunted as of late. Combine that with hardly any computer access (fiancee is the computer hogging gamer of DOOM), and it's a bit hard to get in good studying time. But, I am learning, slowly. Mostly just words for now, I'll list some of the words I know (and hope I have the spelling right......)
Bean, which means woman
Cailin, which means girl
Fear, which means man
Bord, which means table

And a few others that I can't remember the spelling for, and don't want to look at the website to see cause that might make me cheat slightly. I'm also listening to Gaelic music when I can, to get a feel for the accent and pronunciation.

Well, thats all for now, off to write down some lessons to study!

No comments:

Post a Comment